PowerPoint 2010 – How To Inserting Screenshots Easily
Call me a rebel but I just don’t buy that PowerPoint is old school. It has so much to offer. I do think we need to expose ourselves and our students to the many tools that PowerPoint offers that are often overlooked. I’ll be posting about these capabilities in upcoming posts but today I’m focusing on the ability to insert screenshots into PowerPoint 2010. Here are the steps:
- Open a browser to the desired page or pages
- Open PowerPoint 2010
- Click Insert>Screenshot
- A window will open showing you all of the available open browsers
- At this point, you have a choice:
- You can select an icon of an available screen and insert a complete page
- You can select an open browser and then Screen Clipping. The page will open and you can then drag around the area of the webpage you would like inserted into your PowerPoint.
- Finally, since this is a picture in your PowerPoint, you can use all of the great graphic tools to make your screenshot look great!
P.S. Here’s a secret: This works with Word 2010, too! 🙂